Convolute with no less than 5 rare works about the supposed Louis XVII
|Forfatter:||Le Gruau de la Barre|
This convolute contains:
1) Gruau de la Barre - Leven en lotgevallen van Lodewijk XVII; laatsten wettigen koning van Frankrijk overleden te Delft den 10. August 1845 - Rotterdam, H. Nijgh, 1854 - (6), 342 pp.
2) [Le Gruau de la Barre] - En politique point de justice de réplique judiciaire dans la cause des Héritiers du Duc de Normandie contre Mme La Duchesse D'Angouleme, M. le Duc de Bordeaux et Mme La Duchesse de Parma - Breda, Broese & Comp, 1851 - (2), 303 pp.
3) Le Gruau de la Barre - Non! Louis XVII n'est pas mort au temple; réfutation de l'ouvrage de M.A. de Beauchesne, Louis XVII sa vie, son agonie, sa mort - Brussels/Leipzig, Emile Flateau/Mayer & Flateau, 1858 - (4), xx, 302 pp.
4) [Le Gruau de la Barre] - Louis XVII. Réponse a un article critique de la revue contemporaine - Breda, Broese & Comp., 1858 - viii, 31 pp.
5) Gruau de la Barre - Lodewijk de Zeventiende de laatste en wettige koning van Frankrijk en de Zeeuwsche eenden (canards), uitgebroeid door de redactie van het Album van Buitenlandsche Lettervruchten en den kop ingedrukt door ... - Rotterdam, H. Nijgh, 1855 - 66 pp.
In very good condition. With some foxing.
¶ Both parents of Louis Charles were brought to the guillotine during the French revolution in 1793. Louis Charles was locked in the Temple, though was nevertheless declared King Louis XVII by the royalists. Furthermore, Louis Stanislas Xavier, the uncle of Lodewijk XVII, appointed himself regent of France under the reign of his nephew. Therefore, the next ruler of the House of Bourbon – Louis Stanislas Xaviee – has the ordinal number XVIII.
Both parents of Louis Charles were brought to the guillotine during the French Revolution in 1793. Louis Charles was locked in the Temple, though was nevertheless declared King Louis XVII by the royalists. Furthermore, Louis Stanislas Xavier, the uncle of Lodewijk XVII, appointed himself regent of France under the reign of his nephew. Therefore, the next ruler of the House of Bourbon – Louis Stanislas Xavier – has the ordinal number XVIII.
On 8 June 1795, a child called Louis Charles Capet died in the temple. Common belief is that this was not the young king. Numerous people – including a person of African decent – posed as him and unsuccessfully claimed the throne of Louis XVII op – the multitude of claimants ensured that no one was considered credible by a large number of people. A few of the best known still claimed to be of Royal descent until the present day. Karl Wilhelm Naundorff was one of the most credible persons who claimed to be Prince Louis-Charles: seemed to know many details about the private life of the royal court and was even recognized by a former lackey. He is buried in Delft, The Netherlands.
The doctor who performed the autopsy on the body of the young boy who die in the Temple, smuggled the heart out. This heart has been preserved in a mummified state. In 2004, DNA testing proved that this really was the heart of Louis XVII. The study was verified with the DNA material from strands of hair of the daughters of Empress Maria Theresia, who was the maternal grandmother of Dauphin. The heart was placed in the family tomb in the Basilica of Saint Denis on 8 June 2004.
The Groningen scientist Johan Hendrik Petrie gained his doctorate on 15 July 1995 at the University of Groningen. The title of his thesis was ‘Lodewijk XVII-Naundorff, een mysterie ontrafeld’. The conclusion of his thesis was that Naundorff as a fraud. This conclusion was confirmed with DNA testing in 1998. Though the fact that Naundorff’s mitochondrial DNA does not match that of the queen of Romania, who was also a descendent of Maria Theresa of Austria in the female line, has still not be accepted by the descendants of Naundorff. The current would-be-Royals, ‘ Dukes of Normandy’, live in Canada.
Antiquariaat-Looijestijn pro topp
|Score på tilbakemeldinger:||100%|
|Medlem siden:||31 mai 2014|
Selgeren sender gjenstanden(e) innen 3 dager etter at betalingsbekreftelsen er mottatt.
Fraktkostnader er kun for fastlandsdestinasjoner.
|Resten av Europa||€ 20,00|
|Hvor som helst annet||€ 30,00|
Du kan hente dette partiet hos selgeren: Rotterdam, Nederland.
Dersom du vinner mer enn ett objekt fra denne selgeren, trenger du kun å betale en gang for fraktkostnadene (for det objektet som har de dyreste fraktkostnadene)
Spørsmål om dette partiet?